FIT (Food Inflammation Test) for Food Sensitivities
- FIT testing can measure your sensitivity to up to 132 common foods, spices, and additives. OR You can choose FIT 22 to check the 22 most common food allergens.
- It detects both IgG antibody and immune complexes simultaneously which is why this test is more sensitive than others that only measure IgG.
- The results come with an individualized 7-day meal plan based on your FIT test results.
- There is an App which is showing your results and meal plan so you can have the information with you everywhere you go.
- For more information, FIT Testing.
See my fees here.
Leaky Gut Testing
- Zonulin Test, usually done at the same the time as the FIT.
- Zonulin is a protein produced by the cells of the intestine and liver. It tells the intestinal cells to move apart which then allows food particles and microbes to get into the blood and lymph systems. Hence the term leaky gut.
- If you have high levels of Zonulin in your blood, then you have leaky gut.
- Leaky gut is implicated in Crohn’s disease, Type 1 Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, Asthma, IBS, and more.
- Leaky gut also leads to food sensitivities as food particles get into the blood stream and trigger an immune reaction.
- A retest of the FIT and Zonulin is usually done after 3-6 months to see if there has been improvement in the leaky gut.
- You can read more about the Zonulin test here.
See my fees here.
Aly 17 yrs old
Aly is a 17 year old female who is active in sports and outdoor activities with no known allergies. Aly started developing chronic, cystic acne, which got progressively worse over a 2 year period. She sought out a dermatologist, but after being prescribed several topical acne creams, Aly was still suffering from cystic acne. Aly was ready to begin the use of the acne medication, Accutane, but opted to try the FIT (Food Intolerance Test). The FIT is a food intolerance test that measures the level of inflammation a food causes within your body. Aly was required to follow a specific diet that eliminated the foods shown in her FIT report. It was discovered that milk triggered a severe inflammation for Aly, and her acne flared every time she consumed milk based products. Although Aly enjoys ice cream, she has decided that clear skin is more important. The FIT helped Aly uncover the source of her chronic acne and develop a plan to heal.
22 yr old Male
This patient is a 22 year old male who is active in school, does not take medication and has no know allergies or past medical history. Patient experienced patches of Vitiligo for over 6 years. The long-term skin condition continued to worsen over a span of months. Patient had noticeable patches of Vitiligo that were visible during his college graduation ceremony. The patient’s mother, who is a dermatologist, cried uncontrollably at the appearance of his skin. The patient was tested with the FIT (Food Intolerance Test). The FIT is a food intolerance test that measures the level of inflammation a food causes within your body. The patient followed a diet that eliminated foods shown on the FIT report. The patient’s skin began healing and the Vitiligo became unnoticeable.
7 yr old girl
7 year female old with history of post nasal drip and constant coughing. After 1 month after eliminating the 11 foods to which she was sensitive, her coughing had greatly subsided.
20 month old baby
20 month old baby who had hives daily even though she was periodically on prednisone and took Benadryl daily. Her mother had tried eliminating what she thought were offending foods but the child still had hives daily. After the food sensitivity testing, her mother knew which foods to avoid. With avoidance of these and gut repair, the child now only develops hives if she comes in contact with an offending agent.
I started having panic attacks when I was 16 yrs old. I always had some anxiety as long as I can remember, but now I started full-blown panic attacks. I tried various supplements and diet changes but nothing seemed to help. I finally did a FIT test and eliminated the foods I showed a high sensitivity to. My anxiety improved greatly and I have much fewer panic attacks now.