FIT (Food Inflammation Test) for Food Sensitivities
- FIT testing can measure your sensitivity to up to 132 common foods, colorings, and additives. OR You can choose FIT 22 to check th
e 22 most common food allergens.
- FIT testing detects both IgG antibody and immune complexes simultaneously which is why this test is more sensitive than others that only measure IgG.
- The results come with an individualized 7-day meal plan based on your FIT test results.
- There is now an App which is Apple compatible showing your results and meal plan so you can have the information with you everywhere you go.
- For more information, FIT Testing.
See my fees here.
Leaky Gut Testing
- Zonulin Test, usually done at the same the time as the FIT.
- Zonulin is a protein produced by the cells of the intestine and liver. It tells the intestinal cells to move apart which then allows food particles and microbes to get into the blood and lymph systems. Hence the term leaky gut.
- If you have high levels of Zonulin in your blood, then you have leaky gut.
- Leaky gut is implicated in Crohn’s disease, Type 1 Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, Asthma, IBS, and more.
- Leaky gut also leads to food sensitivities as food particles get into the blood stream and trigger an immune reaction.
- A retest of the FIT and Zonulin is usually done after 3-6 months to see if there has been improvement in the leaky gut.
- You can read more about the Zonulin test here.