breastfeeding classes with a focus on nutrition
Nutrition plays a key role while mother is breastfeeding. It is important for a woman to nourish her body so that it can do a good job of nourishing her baby. I breastfed both of my daughters and I was a La Leche League Leader for 10 years. La Leche League Leaders are mothers who have breastfed and have gone through training in how to counsel women about breastfeeding.
I teach classes throughout the community. You can see my classes that are scheduled on my Blog and my Facebook Page. If none of those classes meet your needs, I would be happy to put together a class on a topic of your choice.
Here are some possible breastfeeding focused nutrition classes that I could teach:
- Nutrition for optimal milk production
- Nutritional strategies to boost milk production including foods, herbs, and other safe supplements
- How to lose weight safely while breastfeeding (safe for you and for your baby)
- Foods to add and foods you may want to avoid while breastfeeding
- Popular diets and which are safe to do while breastfeeding
**La Leche League is a non-profit group dedicated to helping mothers to breastfeed. They offer one-on-one counseling and mother-to-mother support groups. Meetings are a great place to meet other new moms. You can also get great advice from moms with older children. The meetings are run by mothers who are trained in breastfeeding and counseling. Go to their website to find out more and to find a Group near you.