Pregnancy classes with a nutrition focus
Whether you are preparing for pregnancy or are already pregnant, theses classes will help reduce pregnancy related symptoms and problems. I offer three types of classes:
- Community classes on a variety of topics like those listed below. You can see the classes I am currently offering on my Blog and Facebook Page. I also can put together a class on a topic of your choice for your group. (Scroll down to the bottom for a list of class topics.)
- For women and couples preparing for pregnancy I offer the Feed Your Fertile BodyTM program. You can read more about it here.
- For women who are pregnant I offer the Feed Your Pregnant BodyTM program. (See below.)
Feed Your Pregnant Body!TM
If you took the Feed Your Fertile Body!TM program then you will build on what you learned. If you didn’t, this program will provide the knowledge, skills, and tools for a healthy, nutrient-dense pregnancy that will support your body and help your baby grow strong and healthy.
Who is pregnancy program for?
- Women who are pregnant or expectant couples
- Women who have completed the Feed Your Fertile Body Program!TM and are ready for more
What does the program consist of?
- Six support meetings (1 ½ hours each) during which I guide you through the workbook and provide support during each step of the program
- A workbook-this includes
- A cookbook
- Shopping guides
- Meal-planning tips
- And more
- Two 60 minute individual consultations-one for you and one for your partner (A healthy pregnancy depends on having both a healthy mother and father.)
What is covered in the pregnancy program?
- Nutrition basics, morning sickness and carbohydrate cravings
- Managing fatigue during pregnancy
- Protecting your baby from toxic exposures
- Taking your pregnancy to the next level
- Pregnancy digest: Optimizing digestive and gut health
- Preparing for birth, breastfeeding, and postpartum recovery
Learn more about the program here.
Here are some possible topics related to pregnancy I could teach:
- Reducing nausea during pregnancy
- Coping with constipation during pregnancy
- Minimizing fatigue during pregnancy
- Blood sugar imbalances and fatigue
- Nutrient dense foods for energy
- Handling cravings
- Avoiding toxic exposures during pregnancy
- Selecting a prenatal vitamin
- Strep B-reducing the risk
- How to inoculate your baby with a healthy microbiome if you have a C-section