Holistic, yet science-based nutrition counseling
For in-person visits or distance clients:
Nutrition Counseling is different from Nutrition Therapy in that we just focus on your diet and lifestyle without any functional or physical assessments or muscle testing. I focus on Traditional Foods versus My Plate as the USDA recommendations don’t work for most people. One of the things we will explore are different ways of eating (high fat, high protein, fasting, etc) and see what works for you. You can learn a little more about what I do and my training at the Nutritional Therapy Association website.
This is a great place to start, especially if you are not sure if you are ready to commit to full-on nutrition therapy. Many people experience huge improvements in their health and symptoms just from making some simple diet and lifestyle changes. You can see my fees here.
What we will be doing together:
- We will do a comprehensive health history and nutritional questionnaire that analyzes your symptoms. We will also talk about your current health status and lifestyle.
- We will discuss options for changing your diet and lifestyle based on your concerns and needs and what you feel ready to work on. Don’t worry, we won’t just be removing foods, we will also be adding in yummy, delicious foods as well. I will always give you options to choose from so that you can make changes as you are ready.
- I will provide menu ideas and recipes if you need them.
- We will talk about what to do if you have cravings and what your cravings mean.
- Each visit we will go over your diary of the foods you have been eating and how you have been feeling as well as your moods and energy levels. We will use this to look for patterns that indicate food sensitivities or other digestive issues.
- Remember, I want you to be successful so we will go a pace that works for you. I want you to Discover a Healthier You.
My son and I have been working with Kimberly for many months now. My son, specifically, has been going for help with his asthma and the complications that have arisen from it. Each visit is very helpful, as well as educational. Kimberly takes the time to really get to know you and your needs, making sure you are not only comfortable with the procedures, but with her recommendations as well. She also communicates in between appointments to see how things may be improving, or if anything needs to be altered. She is open-minded, knowledgeable, personable, kind, and interested in us as people, not just as patients. I highly recommend Kimberly's services as a Nutritional Therapist.