For clients wanting individualized nutrition help specific to their needs and health concerns
Why Nutrition Therapy?
Conventional medicine is great for acute care but it usually fails when it comes to chronic illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, low thyroid, digestive problems, and so on. When I have a broken bone or a heart attack, I want to see an conventional doctor, but when I have a chronic illness or just don’t feel good, I want to work with a practitioner who understands how to help a person heal their body. I want someone who can help me find the answers to my problems-not just prescribe me a pill and then watch as my body continues to fail.
This is where Nutrition Therapy comes in.
What is Individualized Nutrition Therapy?
Individualized means you will receive nutrition therapy that is specifically for you and your health issues, not just general nutrition guidelines. This includes a full physical evaluation. (For distance clients, I offer nutritional counseling.)
Nutritional Therapy is an opportunity to dig down into the root causes of the symptoms you are experiencing. We then start unraveling and repairing the issues that have led to your symptoms.
What happens during a Nutrition Therapy Visit?
Nutritional Therapy begins with an initial consultation that takes approximately 60 to 90 minutes. You can see my fees here.
- I will ask you questions to elicit a full health history from you.
- We will also discuss your current health status and your lifestyle.
- Optional: a review of a 3-day food journal and symptom journal (which you will bring with you).
- We will talk about which nutritional approaches feel most comfortable to you: food, supplements, herbs, essential oils.
- Based on your goals and concerns, we will talk about changes you will want to start making. I always ask clients to add foods first before cutting back. The first change is always to add high quality fats, like lard and butter. There is no one diet that is right for everyone, but there is a diet that is right for you. I understand that change is a process and we can go as slow or as fast as you like. I will always offer several options for you to choose from.
The first follow-up nutrition therapy session:
- After the initial consultation I will email you an invitation to take an online nutritional assessment questionnaire (NAQ). Once that is completed then we can schedule your first follow-up session. For more information on the NAQ, click here.
- During the follow-up session we will go over the results of the online assessment. I will also perform a combination of a functional evaluation and muscle testing to determine your body’s physiological status. This evaluation will include a series of palpations on various parts of your body and other assessments such as your pulse rate, blood pressure, and pH of your saliva. For more information on what the functional evaluation and muscle testing will include, click here.
- I will perform either muscle testing to determine which nutrients your body needs or Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT). The LNT process allows me to determine if a particular nutrient is beneficial and needed by your body. For a more detailed explanation of the LNT process, click here.
- Based on the results of the online assessment, the in-person functional assessment, and LNT, we will talk about what to focus on first. I will provide you with an individualized protocol based on what we have found and on what you are comfortable with. Again, we will go as slow or as fast as you would like.
- We will review your food journals, talk about changes you have made and how your individualized protocol is working for you.
- I may redo various parts of the functional assessment/muscle testing and the LNT to see if there have been any changes.
- Just remember, I understand that life is busy and making changes can seem overwhelming. I want you to be successful so that you can see real improvements in your health.
Together we can help you to Discover a Healthier You.
My son and I have been working with Kimberly for many months now. My son, specifically, has been going for help with his asthma and the complications that have arisen from it. Each visit is very helpful, as well as educational. Kimberly takes the time to really get to know you and your needs, making sure you are not only comfortable with the procedures, but with her recommendations as well. She also communicates in between appointments to see how things may be improving, or if anything needs to be altered. She is open-minded, knowledgeable, personable, kind, and interested in us as people, not just as patients. I highly recommend Kimberly's services as a Nutritional Therapist.