For women who are pregnant, Breastfeeding, or Postpartum, I offer the following:
- One-on-one nutrition therapy-Therapy is different from counseling in that it a physical, functional exam. For all clients I do a detailed health history, a health questionnaire which analyzes symptoms, and food journals. I use the above information to help you to figure out what you need to do to support your body. We are all individuals and have different needs.
- For women who are pregnant, we will focus on ways to minimize nausea, fatigue, and blood sugar issues.
- For women who are postpartum, we will focus on ways to speed healing safely and ways to avoid postpartum depression. We will also talk about other common postpartum problems and how to address each one.
- For women who are breastfeeding, we will do all of the above, making sure to do it in a way that is safe for your baby.
- Online or phone nutritional counseling. OR
- Classes for you or a group related to pregnancy, breastfeeding, and postpartum concerns. OR
- A 6 week group support program called Feed Your Pregnant BodyTM. See below for more information.
See my fees here.
Feed Your Pregnant Body!TM
If you took the Feed Your Fertile Body!TM program then you will build on what you learned. If you didn’t, this program will provide the knowledge, skills, and tools for a healthy, nutrient-dense pregnancy that will support your body and help your baby grow strong and healthy.
Who is pregnancy program for?
- Women who are pregnant or expectant couples
- Women who have completed the Feed Your Fertile Body Program!TM and are ready for more
What does the program consist of?
- Six support meetings (1 ½ hours each) during which I guide you through the workbook and provide support during each step of the program
- A workbook-this includes
- A cookbook
- Shopping guides
- Meal-planning tips
- And more
- Two 60 minute individual consultations-one for you and one for your partner (A healthy pregnancy depends on having both a healthy mother and father.)
What is covered in the pregnancy program?
- Nutrition basics, morning sickness and carbohydrate cravings
- Managing fatigue during pregnancy
- Protecting your baby from toxic exposures
- Taking your pregnancy to the next level
- Pregnancy digest: Optimizing digestive and gut health
- Preparing for birth, breastfeeding, and postpartum recovery