Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Legume Free, Nut Free
Whew! That is a lot of “Free”.
Now you are wondering what is in it. Don’t worry, it is delicious and full of seeds.
I originally found this recipe at Natural Grocers website, but I can not find it there any more. But, there are all kinds of versions of this recipe. You can add in nuts if you like, even chocolate chips or carob chips. Some folks like to use honey instead of maple syrup.
Anyway, I have had RAVE reviews when I have made this for friends and family.
Pumpkin Pie Granola
Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan on low until it is just melted. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Pour it over the seed mixture and stir until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Add in the dried fruit and store in an airtight container